Monday, January 5, 2009

The 2009 Support Your Local Library Challenge




The 2009 Support Your Local Library Challenge hosted at J. Kaye's Book Blog.

You all know what a supporter of the library my family and I are. What better way to pay homage than by having a reading challenge in 2009? Since we are all different, there will be three sizes of challenges.

** The first is to read 12 books from your local library in 2009.
** The second is to read 25 books from your local library in 2009.
** The third is to read 50 books from your local library in 2009.

You decide which one of the three challenges is best for you.

So for my challenge I am going to get 25 books from the local library. I go to the library often but sometimes I read stuff from my own shelves. So I am going to go conservative. I just went to the library today so I will start off with those.

1. Hana's Suitcase - Karen Levine
2. The Hidden Children - Howard Greenfeld
3. Something Remains - Inge Barth-Grozinger
4. The Last of Something - Susan Kelly
5. The Night Country - Stewart O'Nan
6. I Want Candy - Kim Wong Keltner
7. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shafer
8. Intruder in the Dust - William Faulkner
9. Tweak - Nic Sheff
10. The Good Wife - Stewart O'Nan
11. Snow Garden - Christopher Rice
12. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants - Ann Brashares
13. Mindbend - Robin Cook
14. Vital Signs - Robin Cook

The other 2 I got were audiobooks. Faces of Fear by John Saul and Manhunting by Jennifer Cruise.

~L

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wanted to stop in and welcome you to this challenge. If you haven't already, feel free to join us at the Yahoo Groups where others are participating in this challenge as well as others.