Thursday, January 15, 2009
My Year of Reading Dangerously Challenge
Estella is hosting the dangerously reading challenge at http://dangerouslychallenge.blogspot.com/2008/12/my-year-of-reading-dangerously-2009.html
Your job: Read 12 books you deem "dangerous." between January 1st and December 31st 2009. They may be banned or challenged books, new-to-you genres, books that seem to inhabit a permanent space on your stacks, or authors you're afraid of. The possibilities are endless! If it's dangerous to you, it's challenge-worthy to us!
Instead of breaking the year down into monthly Mr. Linky's, we'll be hosting one ongoing Linky this year. We'll post updates and notices to participants in sticky posts at the top of the blog, but your reading will be the centerpiece of this site. Whenever you finish a dangerous book, come leave the link to your review so other participants can ogle your accomplishments.
In the meantime, if you're interested in joining us, leave a comment on this post, so we can start building a list of participants on our sidebar. And while you're here, take a gander at our "recommended" list for 2009. These are books we love or want to read for ourselves
My books are:
1. Canterbury Tales - Chaucer
2. Flowers for Algernon - Daniel Keyes
3. Forever - Judy Blume
4. Lady Chaatterly's Lover - D.H. Oawrence
5. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Ken Kesey
6. Separate Peace - John Knowles
7. The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck
8. To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee
9. Heather Has 2 Mommies - Leslie Newman
10. Daddies Roomate - Michael Willhorte
11. As I Lay Dying - William Faulkner
12. The Glass Teat - Harlan Ellison
My list is made up of books that I found on several "banned book" lists. I figured this would be fun for me.